Learn more about the premiere continuing care retirement community in Boone
Eastern Star Masonic Home has a rich history of caring for seniors that dates back to the early 1900s. As the first full-service retirement community to be associated with the Order of Eastern Star, we have proudly maintained the values and beliefs of the fraternal organization to help provide the very best services and an exceptional lifestyle for our residents.
First established to serve aging members of the Order, the Masons, and their children, the Home has since expanded to offer a complete continuum of seven levels of care to any seniors wishing to live here. Explore the timeline below to learn more…
- The legacy started in 1906 in a renovated mansion that housed 20 residents on the east edge of Boone
- The original Home burned down in 1912, and was then relocated to its present location in west Boone County and reopened to residents in 1914
- Significant additions to the main structure occurred during 1925, 1936, 1959, 1986, 1992, 2003, 2005, 2012 and 2020, including the most comprehensive Residential Care Facility in Boone, Iowa
- In 1986, an all-new Health Center was opened to provide skilled nursing care to 58 residents
- During 1988, the Home’s first Independent Living duplex cottage was completed; today, there are 47 duplex units ranging in size from 1000 to 1,470 square feet
- In 2002, the Home's Health Center became certified to provide Medicare services
- Courtyard Terrace—the 25-unit, certified Assisted Living wing—opened in 2003
- Hearth Stone—the 18-bed Memory Care unit dedicated to Alzheimer's and dementia care—opened in 2005
- In 2012, the new addition to Health Center was added, allowing us to offer dedicated rehabilitation services and additional skilled nursing care
- In 2020, the new Wellness Center was added.
As we move into the future, we will continue to renovate and update our retirement community to ensure the most comfortable living environments and well-equipped residential care facilities for the elderly we possibly can offer. Come tour the campus and feel the history for yourself.